ROLE PURPOSE: :
· Provide leadership and strategic direction to all programmatic aspects of Save the Children International humanitarian and emergency responses in Niger
· Coordinate, review and input on humanitarian assessments, reports, proposals, sector program plans, master budgets, response strategy and other key planning processes and documents
· Ensure countrywide humanitarian analysis, representation and coordination with humanitarian stakeholders
· Ensure the improvement of the country-office’s capacity to respond to emergencies throughout the country
· Identify, and advocate for immediate and appropriate actions to respond to specific children's needs during humanitarian crises.
· Ensure cross sector collaboration among technical units/sectors during humanitarian crises.
· Ensure integration with ongoing development and transition to development programs, and identify possible durable solutions whenever possible
· Contribute in the development of new funding proposals for humanitarian responses.
· Ensure that Save the Children's commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld, and complies with all relevant policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Leadership and management of humanitarian programmes
· In collaboration with PDQ , takes overall leadership in prioritising response sectors or funding where this is limited, in line with SC Global Humanitarian Strategy, ensuring maximum integration between sectors where possible.
· In collaboration with PDQ, take overall leadership on response fundraising, ensuring the development of high quality concept notes and proposals linked to the response strategy, and engage effectively with donors’ humanitarian advisers.
· In collaboration with PDQ , ensure quality humanitarian programmes as per SCI and international standards and the monitoring of this through regular site visits within the response.
· Play a leadership role in the overall management of SC emergency responses.
· Coordinate Sector Managers/Coordinators (Health; Nutrition; Education; Child Protection; FSL), field managers and supply chain to ensure programme supply strategies are in place.
· In collaboration with PDQ, Support multi-sectoral assessments, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments include a specific analysis of children’s needs.
· Maintain regular communications with the Emergency Response Team (ERT) at field level to identify support needs and ensure emergency projects are on track to deliver results on time and on budget.
· Support the field project management of all emergency response programmes, including the development of work-plans, procurement and HR plans, phased budgets, budget vs actual (BvA) reviews, following-up on procurement and recruitment at Country Office level, and ensuring strong information flow & management between the Country Office and the field locations.
· Support country programme management through maintaining an overview of the operational aspects of emergency responses across the country programme, including project progress, finances, and any project issues – act as an information focal point to brief staff and senior management before meetings.
· Expand the programming portfolio through capacity building of field staff, development of partnerships and networks, as well as development of new funding opportunities
· Coordinate regular management and technical support visits to implementation sites to ensure that programming meets international standards and corresponds to work plans and budgets
· Work closely with other thematic areas to improve the integration of the projects and harmonize humanitarian interventions
· Work in closely with the Logistics, Security and Operations Teams to ensure efficient delivery and support of humanitarian programmes
· Flexibility to provide surge support to scale-up current programs or initial surge capacity for start-up of a new response; provide assistance in launching rapid assessment, overseeing data collection, write up of needs assessments, work-planning, communication
Humanitarian preparedness and response
· In collaboration with PDQ, lead the development, review and update of the country programme’s Humanitarian Response Strategy, Emergency Preparedness Plan and Contingency Plans and liaise closely with the Save the Children Humanitarian Team
· Make clear recommendations based on the Niger Response Strategy re: proposed program content, staffing, management and administration arrangements and budget with clear indications of funding and technical support resources
· Ensure a short-term funding strategy is in place to resource the delivery of the humanitarian response strategy
· In collaboration with the Director of Programme Operations, ensure that the country-office has the capacity to respond to emergencies throughout the country.
· Carry out emergency preparedness and contingency planning update workshops, support the country office in rolling out the EPP in the different field offices, implement on key emergency preparedness activities.
· Follow up with the country logistics team to ensure the contingency stock strategy is up to date and in effect, with adequate resources, for the country programme.
· Act as budget holder for any grants relating to preparedness or contingency planning.
· Continually monitor the situation situation for changes or spikes in the context and work with stakeholders to identify emergency needs and coordinate necessary intervention (factoring in existing resources).and ensure revisions to humanitarian response strategy where necessary
· Ensure rapid humanitarian multi-sectoral integrated assessments are undertaken as necessary to continue to inform the implementation of the humanitarian response strategy
· Ensure that SMT is well informed on issues related to humanitarian response and humanitarian risk management pertaining to all areas of operations.
· Monitoring and reporting
· Ensure that programme objectives and activities are agreed upon within the context of Save the Children International values, aims and objectives
· Ensure production and timely dissemination of high quality, analytical reports, supply of regular situation reports, and collection, analysis and dissemination of relevant information and data relevant to the response
· Evaluate, monitor and review to ensure strict compliance of programme activities with Save the Children national and global policies and procedures and with relevant donor regulations and agreements, SPHERE guidelines and the NGO code of conduct.
· Representation, communication & relationship building
· Represent Save the Children on national forums, workshops and meetings regarding humanitarian issues
· Establish and maintain strong relationships with key national partners and coordinate with other INGOs with humanitarian capacity, including government and UN colleagues
· Ensure effective representation of Save the Children’s humanitarian response to local authorities, donors, working groups, clusters, task forces, and other members of the humanitarian community
· Provide regular communication and updates between CO, regional backstops, in country donors and Members (incl. new funding opportunities and program progress).
· When agreed with relevant stakeholder, take forward advocacy issues
· Work with SCI comms and media teams to ensure messaging is consistent, coordinated adheres to technical guidelines and supports the response strategy and identified needs.
· Mentorship, and Development – Humanitarian
· In collaboration with the Director of Programme Operations and Director of HR/Admin, establish the Emergency Response Team and field level humanitarian focal points, including developing ToRs.
· In collaboration with the Director of HR/Admin put in place a data base of available resources for immediate recruitment, and a clear system of internal deployments to support emergency responses.
· Coordinate with SCI Global Roster Manager and HTWG to identify and deploy requested international technical staff for response. If there is nobody available from the Global Roster, external rosters will be used
· Support country programme on international recruitment for longer-term technical posts in response team as required.
· Identify, and where applicable provide, learning and training opportunities for Save the Children staff and partners to build the capacity of the humanitarian staff members and to build a culture of emergency response (e.g. ERT capacity building activities).
· Manage the performance of staff under its supervision through:
a. Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations;
b. Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities;
c. Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance;
· Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/ work plan
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Recommended minimum of 5 years’ experience in humanitarian programme management, preparedness and response in several fragile or complex contexts
· Extensive on the ground experience in multi-sectoral complex humanitarian response, including , Health & nutrition, Emergency Food security, EiE and child protection
· Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes
· Demonstrated experience of working in insecure environments
· Experience of working with partners and a participatory approach
Knowledge and Skills
· Understanding of international humanitarian aid systems and agencies
· Knowledge of humanitarian response and transitional program concepts, policies, frameworks, strategies and components, as well as development concepts and frameworks
· Solid budgeting skills and knowledge of key donor regulations
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
· Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· Strong relationship building, influencing, negotiating & interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise with key stakeholders on child rights issues
· The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
· Fluency in English and French, both verbal and written
· Commitment to Save the Children's practices and procedures and ways of working with children
· Commitment to Save the Children values
· Experience or knowledge of working in the Sahel
· Experience of working with Save the Children
· Experience of Health and nutrition, Education and Child Protection in Emergencies programming
DUREE & TYPE DE CONTRAT : 12 MOIS (RENOUVELABLE) / CONTRAT NATIONAL OR INTERNATIONAL.
Nous employons environ 25.000 personnes dans le monde entier et travaillons sur le terrain dans plus de 100 pays afin d'aider les enfants touchés par des crises ou ceux qui ont besoin de meilleurs soins de santé, d'éducation et de protection de l'enfance. Nous faisons également campagne et défendons au plus haut niveau, pour réaliser le droit des enfants et pour faire entendre leur voix.
Nous travaillons sur trois avancées dans la façon dont le monde traite les enfants d'ici 2030:
§ Aucun enfant ne meurt suite à des causes évitables avant son 5e anniversaire
§ Tous les enfants ont une éducation de base de qualité
§ La violence à l'égard des enfants n'est plus tolérée
Nous sommes conscients que des personnes formidables font une grande organisation et que nos employés jouent un rôle crucial en nous aidant à atteindre nos ambitions pour les enfants. Nous valorisons nos employés et nous proposons une carrière significative et enrichissante, ainsi qu'un lieu de travail collaboratif et inclusif où l'ambition, la créativité et l'intégrité sont très appréciées.
Informations pour Postuler:
Les dossiers de candidatures (CV + Lettre de motivation) doivent être envoyés uniquement en ligne à travers le système de recrutement en ligne de Save the Children:
Nous devons assurer la sécurité des enfants à travers nos processus de sélection, lesquelles reflètent notre engagement à la protection des enfants et incluent des enquêtes de références rigoureuses
Les candidatures féminines sont vivement encouragées
Il est porté à la connaissance des candidats que Save the Children International ne demande aucun paiement, ni frais durant tout le processus de recrutement. Toute demande allant dans ce sens doit être immédiatement signalée car contraire aux valeurs et pratiques de notre organisation.
Date advertised: 2 Apr 2021
Closing date: 20 Apr 2021 - 23:59 WAT
Location: Niamey, Niger
Department: Programme, Development and Quality
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time