Project Lead – Global CMS Platform
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Project Lead– Global CMS Platform in London or any existing Save the Children International office location.
Save the Children is evolving its organisational structure in order to stay true to its mission, vision and values, whilst being able to withstand external pressures – be those geo-political demands; increasing stakeholder expectations; challenging funding environments; reduced access to funding; or declining trust in large INGOs. This is driven through our ambitious transformation agenda. In Save the Children we currently have a range of different Content Management Systems (CMS) being used across the movement. With this project we are looking to implement a Global CMS Platform that is centralised and is supported through a shared service. Through doing this we aim to revolutionise Save the Children’s ability to rapidly deploy global online campaign’s utilising a centralised pool of technical resources to maintain and deploy functionality across the movement. It is a complex project, with a high level of visibility and will require senior level engagement with stakeholders across the movement.
The role of the CMS Project Lead will be to initiate and deliver on our CMS priorities for Save the Children to include ensuring we have a clear strategy and path to reach out defined outcomes. Initially our intention is to complete a feasibility assessment to understand the impact and options to move forwards and the Project Lead will be accountable for delivery of this assessment as well as defining the start-up approach. This will include setting up the governance, ensuring the required team / reference groups are in place, working with the BA to complete the current and future state analysis, determining options to move forwards, identifying and proposing mitigations for project risks and issues, define the costs and benefits and coordinate the required governance to move the completed feasibility assessment through the approvals process. It will be critical to ensure a robust plan is put in place both in terms of the feasibility and to indicate expected timelines for the later phases of the project once the way forwards has been signed off. The Lead will also need to effectively coach and guide the project team, ensuring they are held accountable for delivery.
The role holder will be responsible for establishing project management practices utilising SCA’s Project Lifecycle, managing relationships with key stakeholders and driving continuous improvements. This role also requires the holder to work closely with the Global Fundraising Department and Fundraising Leads for Save the Children, from across the globe.
There is the potential that over and above the CMS project we may look at opportunities to also bring in Customer Relationship Management as an additional stream of work. Prior experience in delivery of CMS and CRM transformation is therefore essential for candidates applying for this role.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- An extensive track record of successfully managing large and complex projects and programmes that include systems, processes and operating model changes
- Extensive experience leading projects focused on the transformation journey of a Content Management System for a global organisation
- Experience leading a Customer Relationship Management transformation for a global organisation
- Demonstrable experience and in-depth knowledge of programme and project practices and standards
- A proven ability to deliver projects on time / on budget, using project management processes and tools including risk management, benefits management, financial management and quality assurance
- A proven ability to apply excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and to work collaboratively to deliver of effective solutions to project related issues. This will include taking on hands on analysis activities to support the wider team as required
- Highly developed organisational awareness and ability to understand any sensitivities within a complex multi-stakeholder structure; and think creatively and strategically to overcome obstacles to cooperation and progress
- Strong team leadership abilities with the ability to motivate and mobilise individuals outside their reporting line
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organisation
- Able to demonstrate instances of initiative that have delivered organisational benefits
- Experience implementing Shared Services in a global organisation
- Proficiency in a second core language of Save the Children (French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic
- Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
We can offer circa £67,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work -Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 9 Dec 2021
Closing date: 23 May 2022 - 23:59 WAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Business Transformation
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time