Field Operation Manager BENI
The Field Manager will develop and manage all Save the Children’s programmes (Currently Protection and Education) as well as Human Resources, finance, logistics, administration, security, representation and advocacy concerning the humanitarian response in the area. The post-holder will effectively and efficiently coordinate operations systems, processes and activities so that programme is delivered on time according to organisational strategy, donor requirements and within allocated budget.
- University degree in relevant field
- At least 5 years experience of managing field based operations in challenging and insecure areas.
- Ability to lead a programme and support a team working from remote locations.
- Proven experience in grant management, including budget holding and donor reporting and effective financial and budgetary control in securing and managing grants.
Experience in management of Human Resources, finance, logistics, administration,
Proven skills/experience in security management in instable / conflict environments.
- Proven skills in programme management and project administration.
- Strong skills in people management, moderation, conflict resolution and capacity-building skills
Skills & experience in project/programme monitoring review, reporting and evaluation.
- Ability to represent Save the Children, promote and advocate for children’s rights and maintain good relations at a provincial level with donors, United Nations organisations, international and national Non Governmental Organizations and local authorities.
Fluency in written and spoken French and working proficiency of English
Ability to work with limited supervision
Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims values and principles
Working experience in the Great Lakes context
- Knowledge and working experience of Child’s Rights Programming approach.
Experience in promoting children’s participation in programming, design, implementation and evaluation.
Contract length: 01 year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Date advertised: 4 Nov 2019
Closing date: 19 Nov 2019 - 00:59 WAT
Location: Beni, Congo, the Democratic Republic of
Department: Programme Operations
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time